In today, Mérida ancient and modern coexist naturally. A place like this, unlike any other, is a great stage for any memorable event, whatever the occasion. Nobody ever forgets their stay in the historical heart of Mérida.
Located just a few streets apart in the area near the Plaza Grande, the hotels in the Centro Histórico provide standardized quality that exceeds any expectations. They offer:
- Strategic location. They’re just a few minutes from all main tourist attractions, historical buildings, restaurants, stores, museums and other points of interest, including the Centro de Convenciones Yucatán Siglo XXI (only some 12 minutes away).
- First-class facilities and coordinated logistical support services.
- Quality and professionalism in human resources.
If you plan a convention in the Centro Histórico hotels you can be certain that it will be a success. You’ll have the most complete resources and all the necessary services at your disposal. Altogether, these hotels offer:
- 790 rooms, with all comforts and services.
- 12 totally equipped reception rooms of different dimensions and layouts that add up to 1,000 square meters and canfit, in all, more than 1,120 people.
- Business Centers equipped with the most advanced technology. As a whole, they can hold up to 90 people.
- 12 dining facilities that can feed 650 people simultaneously.
- Telecommunication services and networks, wireless Internet, executive services and bilingual staff.
These are some of the hotels located in the Centro Histórico that offer their services for business meetings and conferences:
- Del Gobernador
- El Castellano
- Los Aluxes
- María del Carmen
- Panamericana Misión Mérida
In Mérida’s Centro Histórico there are also Boutique Hotels which guests here on business can stay in. These “hotels with charm” tend to be smaller, which makes them intimate and unconventional. Plus, they have especially interesting architecture since they are located in old constructions that have been renovated and converted. Also, they are often decorated with a particular style or theme.
These have exceptional facilities and offer services with a personal touch:
- Casa del Balam
- Casa Lucía
- Casa San Ángel
- Hacienda Mérida
- Misión de Fray Diego
- Piedra de Agua
- Villa María
- The Villa Mérida
Tourist Corridor – Paseo de Montejo
Located on the two main avenues of the city, the hotels on the Paseo de Montejo – Avenida Colón Tourist Corridor are
distinguished for belonging to international chains and being Superior or 5 Star establishments. They aim to pamper their guests with maximum quality service. Altogether they offer:
- 1,136 rooms with complete service.
- State of the art business centers.
- A total of 53 reception rooms of different dimensions that can cater to more than 4,700 people.
- Eight dining facilities with different menus that can please even the most sofisticated palates.
- Great location; only some seven minutes away from the Centro Histórico.
- The opportunity to make the most of your stay in the city as well as to see and admire the most beautiful buildings, houses and museums located on Paseo de Montejo.
Some Hotels located on the Tourist Corridor are:
- El Conquistador
- Fiesta Americana Mérida
- Holiday Inn Mérida
- Hyatt Regency Mérida
- Presidente Intercontinental
Centro de Convenciones Siglo XXI
Apart from the beforementioned infrastructure, Mérida relies on the Siglo XXI Convention and Exhibition Center, which holds up to 6,500 people in an exhibition area that fits 339 stands. It includes:
- 20,900 square meters of roofed area.
- Press Room.
- Six movie theaters.
- Parking for 1,543 cars and 66 buses.
- Connectivity for telecommunications.
- Loading and unloading area.